IT'S BEEN A WHILE... BUT I'M BACK TO BLOGGING!

luni, 16 septembrie 2013

Geez folks, I can't believe I created this blog exactly one year ago and I wrote nothing on it apart from my initial post! I have to admit that when I created it I had no clue of how things would turn out for Elochka, but the reality proved to be far more exciting than I had expected!
Anyways, now I'm back to documenting my journey here, with a pretty new look thanks to the awesome guys at Mlekoshi Playground (a lovely store on Etsy where I purchased the new blog template)!
So what has happened so far during this year?
I opened my online store in October 2012, and while in the beginning this was supposed to be a side activity since I was highly determined to take over the marketing job market in Milan, well, after 6 months it seemed that Fate had other plans for me. Sales in my shop started rocking in March this year and I took it as a sign that THIS is what I have to do in life.
It's true what they say, that if you treat your hobby as a hobby, it will always bring you the results of a hobby (which is a few pennies here and there). So the moment I stopped treating Elochka as a hobby and started seeing it as a business, well, results started coming! I took the first months as a "trial period" to see how it works, and I registered Elochka as a company in July this year. I am now the proud owner of an Italian VAT number, I issue invoices, I can advertise and I can have retailers selling my creations... you know, just like grown-ups do business in the real world! Ok, I (will) also pay taxes, but I prefer to not think about this yet :))
During this first year I saw my products fly to all the corners of the world, counted over 100 sold items, saw my online sales skyrocket from only 5 sales in the first 5 months, to 90 now (6 months after), and decided that if THIS is what I'm gonna do in my life, I would not spare my time and energy to make it come true! But more on this in my anniversary post which will be up on October 15 :D
Back to documenting the story now!
I have a very important project on my work table these days. My very first Dutch client contacted me about a dress she wanted to wear at the Opera, and last week we discussed on fabric choice and design, so now I'm in the process of cutting the dress. She also ordered a tulle petticoat which I made yesterday. I leave you with a sneak peak on the petticoat while still under the machine!

And because I'm really in love with these roses, here's also a sneak peak of the fabric :D

This afternoon I am also going to run to downtown Milan for a shopping session at my fabric store. Shopping list:
- pink silk/cotton blend for 5 bridesmaid dresses which I'll make for an Australian wedding
- grey wool/silk blend for a 2 piece outfit (long sleeve top and pencil skirt) for a lovely American lady
- ivory taffeta and lace for a party dress that will go to Glasgow!

So what do you think readers? Do you like the new look of the blog? (make sure you check out the new COLLECTIONS and CUSTOM WORK pages, where I uploaded pics of my favourite works from what I made this year!)

Love
Ela

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground