CRAFTCAMP2013 AND NEWS

luni, 14 octombrie 2013

Hello readers, here we are in a new (cold) week of October! It's the last day of the first year of Elochka (anniversary post tomorrow!) and there have been a lot of things going on lately!

Last week I finally took the courage to submit my trademark registration for Elochka at the Chamber of Commerce in Milan so now it means that I only have 6 months to wait (and pray) that my submission is accepted.

This weekend I had the chance to participate at the first national gathering of the Italian Etsy sellers, Craft Camp 2013, organized by the wonderful fellows from the EtsyItaliaTeam. Luckily for me, it took place in Milan :D. I actually only managed to take part at the Saturday dinner and at yesterday's workshops (as usually, I left it on the last moments and Saturday workshops were no longer available when I registered... and I managed to get the second last ticket for yesterday :)). But even like this, I had the chance to meet wonderful and interesting people, and to find out new ways to improve my shop which I'll work on during the next days. Among other things, I am deeply grateful to the lovely Francesca from MatildeB for the precious supplier info, and to the equally lovely Antonella, owner of Altmeansold and AltDesign for the precious tips on packaging :D (she also has THE cooolest business cards I have ever seen - see above on the right). And last but not least, a big BRAVO to Francesca of Etherealflowers, Cristina of Trepuntozerocivette and the organizing team for a great event which we hope to have again next year!
Oh and I bought a handmade pin from a seller whom I did not know so I don't have a name to share here, but she had the most wonderful pins!

And last, but not least, today I delivered 2 new garments I made during the last days.
First is a warm wool cape for my boyfriend's colleague Paula, which I made in black according to her specifications, featuring 6 buttons which I covered in grey wool tweed for a bit of contrast. The cape is lined and it's perfect for this middle season weather.




And the second is a red party dress with black lace on the bodice, which I have just shipped to Victoria, Australia! I made this dress many times but this time the girl wanted it in floor length which is a first. I made it in taffeta, with a soft viscose lining under the lace on the bodice. It can be worn with or without the petticoat, just that this time it would require a floor length petticoat (I need to make one of these to have as a sample, given that the one I used for these pictures is knee length, but still, it shows the effect pretty well :).




Stay tuned for the anniversary post tomorrow, when I reveal 2 new designs I made these days and also another little surprise!
Happy week!

Love
Ela



2 comentarii:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground