The baby blue taffeta evening dress - COMPLETED!

marți, 1 octombrie 2013

Good day, readers! I can't believe it's October 1st already! Autumn is well on the way but today I'm defying it by showing you guys a baby blue taffeta evening dress :)

It's a project I have been working on since May (yes, MAY! I actually bought the fabric and notions for it in May...) but it's finally completed. It's for my lovely cousin and it will fly all the way to Bucharest as soon as I also get to complete the prom dress for her daughter. (on a side note, I have a cousin who has a daughter who has a prom - ok more of a homecoming ball but anyway - so does it mean I am turning into an ADULT??? scary...)
I am really happy to have completed my first draping project with this dress - the pleats on the front bodice are actually draped on the bodice structure layer and it took hours to get them to sit right. The bodice is also interfaced and has boning inside, for stability.

 The skirt is flared and softly pleated, and the skirt lining is an actual separate underskirt. My cousin wanted 2 different sashes, one in the colour of the dress and the other one in black, so I also tried to obtain different effects by tying one in the front and the other in the back.






Today I also shipped some lace samples for a girl in London who wants me to make her civil wedding dress with this design. The original dark blue is among her options but I really hope she will choose "old gold". But more on this later, I don't want to spoil the surprise.
So what do you think of the baby blue dress? Would you prefer it with the baby blue sash or with the black one? I can't decide!

Love
Ela

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground